Please enter your starting address in the form input below.
Please refresh the page if trying an alernate address.
Joseph Casson are delighted to offer this charming, three double bedroom (master en-suite) character cottage believed to date back to the mid 1600’s and later extended to create a superb family home with an exceptional south facing rear garden. EPC RATING: E53.
AT A GLANCE:
• Extended Period Cottage
• Approx 400 years old - originally part of the Halswell Estate
• Three Double Bedrooms
• Master Bedroom with En-Suite Shower Room & Juliet Balcony
• First Floor Family Bathroom
• Three Reception Rooms,
• Two Inglenook Fireplaces & Exposed Beams
• Kitchen with Oil Fuelled Aga, Utility Room & Ground Floor WC
• Large Elevated Rear Garden - the garden tap is from Halswell Spring water
• Side Access (could potentially be developed into parking 7' (213cm) in width
• Sewage treatment plant installed (shared with next door)
• Sought-after Village Location
• No Onward Chain
This superb, character property briefly comprises: entrance hallway, sitting room with inglenook fireplace and wood burner, lounge (currently used as an office) with inglenook fireplace, dining room which is open-plan to kitchen, with a utility room and cloakroom (WC) completing the ground floor accommodation.
Arranged over the first floor and accessed from the split landing are three double bedrooms, the master bedroom with fitted wardrobes, Juliet balcony overlooking the rear garden and an en-suite shower room, and a family bathroom.
Externally, to the front aspect is on street parking, side access which could potentially be utilised for parking if required. To the rear, is a stunning, elevated garden which is very large and beautifully maintained with a wide variety of shrubs and plants, in addition to a good sized lawn and multiple seating areas.
The sought-after rural village of Goathurst lies at the foot of the Quantock Hills, an area designated as being of Outstanding Natural Beauty, 4 miles from Bridgwater and 8 miles north of Taunton.
The nearby village of Enmore, offers a local village hall, two public houses, church and highly rated primary school. Enmore golf club and its impressive pavilion is close by. Rural activities can be enjoyed at nearby Durleigh Reservoir which offers sailing and coarse fishing facilities.